The following policy for our terms and conditions of sale. All items for sale on our website are owned by Black Opal Direct until full payment has been made and been cleared by the relevant financial institution and we are satisfied that the transaction isn’t fraudulent.
At Black Opal Direct, we understand the importance you attach to your personal information. As such, we shall ensure that we comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).
If you submit information to Black Opal Direct by registering to receive our newsletter, purchasing one of our products or by sending us an email, we collect that information and use it for the purposes of providing you with information or advice about our goods and/or services and for processing an order by you for our goods and/or services.
Specifically, we require your name, street address, email address and phone number and method of payment details in order to complete an order for our goods and/or services.
We shall only disclose your personal information to third parties where the disclosure is necessary and directly related to the purposes set out above – such as our financial institution to process your order. We shall not give our customer lists to third parties for promotions independent of Black Opal Direct.
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) you have a right to request access to your personal information held by us. You may do this by sending us an email us or by writing to us at
Black Opal Direct
P.O. Box 350
Paradise Point Queensland 4216
You do not have to provide us with the information requested, however, we will be unable to process your order should you be unwilling to do so.
As a small business, Black Opal Direct relies on word-of-mouth of customers and friends to ‘spread the word’ about beautiful opal. To keep you up-to-date on new products and special deals and promotions we do send occasional emails. However, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Commonwealth) we shall only send you emails with your prior consent and shall be happy to remove you from our mailing list should you no longer wish to receive our promotional information.
To unsubscribe from our email list, please email us with unsubscribe and your name in the subject header or click unsubscribe on any email newsletter you have been sent from us.
- Cookies: We employ cookies and similar tech to keep track of your local computer’s settings such as which account you have logged into. Also, we may use tech such as single-pixel gifs, like the facebook pixel, to record log data such as open rates for emails. We may use third party web site analytic tools such as Google Analytics what also employ cookies to collect info concerning your usage. You can disable cookies by changing your web browser settings. View our Cookies Policy here.
- Advertisements: You may see us advertised on other applications or web sites. After clicking on one of these ads, the advertising platforms such as Facebook may collect info for optimizing advertising campaigns.
- Data Collected Automatically: When you interact with us we received and store certain info such as an IP address, and which newsletters or documents you have chosen to subscribe to.
- Aggregated Info: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve our users we may conduct research on customer feedback. The research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, we may then post research results on our blog. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and/or government agencies, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Refunds and Returns: our policy can be viewed here. If you are concerned with your entitlement to a refund or exchange, please read this policy to learn about your rights and our obligations to you.
- Purchase and Shipping Terms: we would like you to read our Purchase and Shipping Terms carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights when purchasing from the Black Opal Direct site.
Where The Info Is Processed
The company is based in Australia. No matter where you are located you consent to the processing and transferring of your info in and to the US and other countries. The laws of Australia and other countries government data collection may not be as comprehensive as the laws of the country where you live.
Limitation Of Liabilities
Under no circumstances will Black Opal Direct be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other damages resulting from any product purchased from Black Opal Direct beyond the value of the item purchased, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, or loss of programs or information. Black Opal Direct reserves the right to change any specification, design, model and or other information without notice.
ORDERING AND PAYMENTS
How do I order?
All orders are prepaid. When ordering, your credit card or Paypal account is charged when you place your order. All orders are in specified in either Australian dollars or United States of American Dollars. We accept Paypal, Visa and Mastercard cards only.
Please note that we do not store your credit card number on our servers.
If the card payment is declined by your issuer for any reason, we cannot hold goods against your order.
Are there other ways I can place my order?
The easiest and safest way is via the website, however, if you would like to talk to a real live person you can:
ORDER BY PHONE
Feel free to call us +61 4 3813 0438 and we would be happy to assist you in placing your order.
ORDER BY MAIL
On the online check out page: fill in your billing and shipping information along with the items you would like to purchase and print out the order form and include money order or credit card information payable to Black Opal Direct and mail to:
Black Opal Direct
P.O. Box 350
Paradise Point Queensland 4216
Please be aware that your cheque or money order must clear – which can take up to 7 banking days – before we will ship any product.
Something weird happened, I did not receive a confirmation email and I am not sure if my order went through?
Feel free to call us on +61 4 3813 0438 or Skype us at blackopaldirect and we would be happy to help you.
Please email us. Please provide your full name, mailing address and phone number to help us locate your order. *** For your protection – Do NOT email your full credit card number ***
Who has access to my credit card details?
All payments for goods on blackopaldirect.com are processed via a third party provider, eWay. No credit card details are held by Black Opal Direct.
Is your Website Payment System Secure?
National Australia Bank (NAB) holds all customer details securely. No part of any customers credit card details are stored on our site. An audit history records all activity. NAB is fully integrated with 3D Secure for both Visa and MasterCard transactions. All transactions are processed over Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connections using 128bit encryption to guarantee the security of your details.