In this video we explain the difference between white opal and crystal opal.
- N8 and N9 on the body tone scale
- Not usually as bright as crystal opal
- N7 – N8 on the body tone scale
- Semi transparent
- Can exhibit brighter color than white opal
As with all opal, grading can be subjective. There is a fine line between crystal opal and white opal – both could be N8 on the body tone scale and then it becomes a matter of opinion. As always, you need to use the scale as a guide only. Ultimately it is about what appeals directly to you or the wearer that counts!
- Pairs, Sets and Suites of Opal
- An example of 2 opals that have a similar body tone
- The difference between black opal and crystal opal